- 2 large squid
- 4 pieces garlic, minced
- 3 pcs medium sized onion, diced
- 3 pcs medium sized tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup Sprite or 7 Up
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 long green pepper, sliced (optional)
- Clean the squid by holding the tail tube portion of the squid and with fingers grasp the cuttlebone (the thin, clear cartilage inside the tube) and pull from the squid’s body, remove the ink sac by pulling the head. Wash the body cavity under running water and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, soda, pepper and garlic. Marinate the squid in the mixture for at least one hour and place inside a refrigerator.
- Prepare the stuffing in a separate bowl by tossing together the long green pepper, onions and tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper and mix them together.
- Drain the squid and stuff it with the vegetable mixture.
- Insert the head in the squid body and secure with a toothpick.
- Warp the squid in a foil drizzled with olive oil.
- Grill the squid about 6 inches above the charcoal for about 6 minutes on each side.
- You can use the marinade to baste the squid while it is being grilled. Be careful not to overcook or under cook it.
- Cut the squid crosswise, and serve hot with your favourite dipping sauce.
- Serve with rice or as a finger food.
Source: Home Kitchenomics
Share It To Your Friends!