- 3 tablespoons regular (light) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 or 2 Thai chillies, finely chopped (you can remove the seed if you prefer it less spicy)
Combine all ingredients and mix until sugar is dissolve. Set aside.
- 2 cups unripe papaya, peeled then julienned
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces Asian-style beef jerky, julienned
- a handful of basil,sliced thinly
- Peel papaya, remove and discard seeds then julienne using a mandoline slicer. NOTE: Be careful not to cut your fingers.
- Place papaya in a bowl then add salt. Let it stand for 15 minutes then squeeze as much of the fluid out. You can either do it by hand or use a cheese cloth to wring the fluids out. Discard any liquid.
- Transfer to a clean bowl then fluff to loosen.
- Add beef jerky and basil and toss lightly. Serve with dressing on the side.
Share It To Your Friends!