- 4 cloves
- garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon
- chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 cup
- chicken broth (part dry white wine, if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Lightly oil a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish or line it with foil.
- Combine the garlic, oregano, salt, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl. Add olive oil and mix well. Use a mortar and pestle to make a paste consistency, or mash it with a fork.
- Snip off any excess skin and fat deposits. Arrange the chicken pieces in the prepared baking pan and rub the garlic mixture over each piece.
- Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth into the baking dish. If desired, use 1/4 cup of dry white wine with 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken registers at least 165 F on a food thermometer.*
- *To check for doneness, insert an instant-read food thermometer into the center thickest piece of chicken, not touching bone. According to , poultry must be cooked to a minimum of 165 F.
Share It To Your Friends!