- 3 kg clams
- 3 heads garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ginger, grated
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 bottle beer, I used Grolsch Premium Lager
- 1 tsp red chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/4 cup scallions, for garnish
- Steam the clams until shells open. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and chili. Sautee for 2 minutes. Add the butter and ginger, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the garlic is slightly brown.
- Deglaze the wok with beer and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the clams and lemon zest and toss.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately garnished with green scallions on top.
Source: Haidee's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!