- olive oil, as needed
- 1 lb ribeye steak
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 cups cooked rice (great use for leftovers!)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When the skillet is very hot, add the steak and sprinkle with salt. Cook the steak(s) for about 3 minutes on each side for a 3/4 inch steak until medium-rare. Adjust the cooking time to your steak thickness and doneness preference. When the steaks are done, remove from the heat and reduce the heat on the skillet to low.
- To the same skillet, add the carrots. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes until they start to soften and brown, then add the garlic and the white parts of the scallions. Stir for one minute, then add the rice and the soy sauce.
- Stir the rice and soy sauce into the veggie mixture, then crack the eggs directly over the skillet. Stir the eggs into the rice to coat evenly. Press the rice mixture into an even layer and let it crisp with out disturbing for about 3 minutes. When bits of the rice are browned, stir again, press into a layer, and let crisp again. Repeat this one or two more times until the rice is browned and crispy in lots of places.
- Meanwhile, slice the steak thinly against the grain.
- When the rice is cooked to your liking, add the sesame oil, peas, green parts of the scallions, and steak to the skillet. Stir to combine and heat the peas though. Taste, and add more soy sauce to taste.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Source: Funny Love
Share It To Your Friends!