- 1 cup (150 g) julienne of carrots
- 1 cup (227 g) julienne of zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into julienne
- 1/2 cup (88 g) sliced shallots
- 2 tbsp (28.4 g) butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried chervil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) sole fillets or another white fish variety
- 1 1/2 cups (169 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar cheese, grated
- Blanch carrots; set aside. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat; sauté zucchini, red pepper and shallots. Add salt, pepper, chervil and blanched carrots. Combine well and set aside.
- Mix wine, lemon juice and zest; set aside.
- Butter six individual oval 'au gratin' dishes, place 4 oz (125 g) fish fillets. Sprinkle on about 4 tbsp (60 mL) Canadian Medium Cheddar cheese and 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice and zest-wine mixture.
- Top each dish with less than 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable mixture. Bake in preheated 450 °F (230 °C) oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve an individual dish with rice and a green salad.
Source: Food Online
Share It To Your Friends!