- 2 kilos live clams, cleaned
- 1 large knob fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 T minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 T canola oil
- 1 small napa cabbage (Chinese pechay), cut
- 4 T Chinese cooking wine
- 3 pcs jalapeno peppers or finger chillies (Siling haba), or long green peppers, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 C water
- In a cooking pan or wok, saute ginger slices in oil until fragrant. Add in the onions and garlic. Saute until fragrant but not burnt.
- Add in the clams. Cover for a minute. Then add in the Chinese cooking wine. Cover for another minute.
- Add in the jalapeno peppers and stir for a while. Add in the water. Cover and let boil.
- When the shells of the clams are fully opened, then the soup is ready. Drop in the napa cabbages. Let cook for a while, add salt and pepper according to taste. Ladle up and serve as soon as possible. The clam meat will shrink if cooked for a long time. Discard shells that did not open.
Source: Heart And Hearth
Share It To Your Friends!