- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- canola oil spray
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (make sure you use sweet chili sauce as opposed to spicy chili sauce)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large (three-quarter) baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out panko bread crumbs onto baking sheet in a very thin and even layer. You want all of the panko to bake evenly so you don't want your layer to be too thick. If your baking sheet is too small, you can use two baking sheets. Spray panko lightly and evenly with canola oil spray. Bake about 5 minutes until crumbs are a light golden brown.
- In a small bowl, add eggs and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Turn up oven temperature to 400°F. Prepare another baking sheet, lining it with parchment paper.
- Dip shrimp first in egg coating. Shake or wipe excess coating with rim of bowl. You don't want the egg coating to be too thick as it will get the bread crumbs too moist and then they won't stick. Lay shrimp flat on a pile of panko crumbs. Spoon some more panko crumbs on top of shrimp and press on, so that shrimp is completely covered and coated. Place coated shrimp on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all shrimp.
- Bake shrimp about 10-15 minutes, until shrimp are cooked and coating is crispy.
- While shrimp is cooking, make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- When shrimp are ready, garnish with parsley and drizzle with sauce. Serve while warm.
Source: Kirbie Cravings
Share It To Your Friends!