- 1 three pound chicken cut up or 2-3 llb legs and thighs
- olive oil to cover bottom of pan
- 2 medium onions sliced thin
- 2 bell peppers sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 small package sliced portobello mushrooms
- 16 oz diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 stalks celery diced finely
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup white wine
- Parsley to sprinkle on finished dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cover bottom of iron skillet with olive oil and heat until a slow sizzle appears.
- On the stovetop Brown chicken on all sides, remove and drain well.
- In same skillet, cook onions, bell peppers and garlic until tender but not brown.
- Add in mushrooms, stir on stovetop until just limp
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Return Chicken to skillet and cover with tomato mixture
- Cover andPlace skillet into preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes
- Stir in ¼ cup white wine
- Cook uncovered for another 15 min or until chicken is tender and cooked through
- Turn occasionally
- Remove from oven and cover until cooled,
- Remove bay leaves, and ladle sauce over chicken on plate
- Sprinkle generously with Parsley
Source: Girl Raised In The South
Share It To Your Friends!