- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- 1/4 cup of white rice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoons + 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large cabbage head
- Boil 1/4 cup of rice.
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 pounds of ground chicken thighs.
- Grate 1 onion into the bowl with chicken.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Add 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add 2 teaspoons of tomato paste.
- Add boiled rice to the bowl.
- Mix together well.
- In a pot filled with water, boil a head of 1 cabbage for 1 hour ( carve the core out before boiling). The cabbage will be soft.
- Carefully take each leave from the cabbage, if a leave is two big you could cut it in half. Also, cut the harder part off.
- In the center of a leave add 1 Tablespoon of meat mix. Fold the sides and than roll the long side. Like an egg roll. Stack in a dutch oven pot or a regular pot works too. If you don’t have enough cabbage leaves, you could just make meat into meatballs and add to the pot.
For the sauce:
- In a kettle boil water.
- Chop up 1 onion, grate 2 carrots, chop 1 red bell pepper.
- In a pan, heat up 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- First sauté the onions, 2 minutes.
- Add to the onions chopped carrots, sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add to the onions and carrots chopped red bell pepper and 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour over the cabbage rolls, and add boiled water from the kettle; just enough to cover everything. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, than turn heat down to the lowest and cook for 1 hour.
Source: Image Cooking
Share It To Your Friends!