- 2kg beef brisket cut in large chunks
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 slices ginger
- 4 stalks spring onion
- 3 tbsp Chinese wine
- 3-4 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Black pepper corns
- A bit of oil for sauteing
- Blanch the beef in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot heat up a bit of oil. Saute the ginger, spring onion and garlic for about a minute.
- Add the meat in the pot and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce, wine and all the spices. Add water just enough to cover the meat and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for an hour or so or until the meat is tender.
- Serve hot with some greens and steamed rice.
Source: The Beancounter
Share It To Your Friends!