- 1/2 K beef cubes (beef stew)
- 200g tomato sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper/ 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 5 medium potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 medium carrot (cut into quarters)
- 2 medium green or red bellpeppers ( cut into quarters)
- 4-5 pieces of bay leaf
- 1tbsp soy sauce (1/2 tbsp fish sauce)
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- In a sauce pan, boil beef until soft & tender. Then set aside.
- note: traditional boiling of meat may take 3-4 hours. If you know an easier way, I advise you rely on your trusted procedure. PressureCooking is an option.
- Fry potatoes, in a separate pan,then set aside.
- In a separate pan (again) saute garlic until medium brown. Add chopped onions, stir for a few seconds.
- Add boiled beef (beef only)
- Add carrots, keep stirring for a few seconds.
- Add half of the beef broth.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add bay leaf and tomato sauce. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add the remaining beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar and fried potatoes.
- Simmer until sauce is thick.
- Add bellpepper
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Source:From My Kitchen and Beyond
Share It To Your Friends!