- 2 lbs Chicken feet (Pre-prepared: Method of preparation noted below)
- 2 cups Oil (Corn)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 1 cup Sherry Wine
- 3 pcs Star Anise (whole)
- 2 tbsp Five Spice Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger, fresh, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped fine
- 4 tbsp Honey (or Maltose Sugar)
- 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Rind, grated
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Pre-preparation of chicken feet: Wash chicken feet thoroughly over running water.
- Chop off toenails. Remove any trace of scaly yellow skin. Cut into thirds.
- In a pot, pour enough water and boil chicken feet for 5 minutes. Remove from fire and rinse well. Dry well with paper towel.
- In a wok with cover, over high heat, pour oil.
- Fry chicken feet until brown (cover to avoid splashing). Remove from fire.
- Place in the marinade for 1 hour (or preferably overnight, refrigerate).
- In a thick bottom pot, pour marinade and chicken feet.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour (reduce marinade liquid almost completely)
- Pour sesame oil before serving.
Source: Isla Kulinarya
Share It To Your Friends!