- 1 slice wholegrain bread
- 1 tbsp olive olive
- Knob of butter
- 2-3 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3-4 chestnut mushrooms
- 50g crumbly cheese (I used Butler’s Farmhouse Lancashire)
- Squirt of Umami #5 Taste paste(optional)
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Chop the bacon and cook in a large frying pan until starting to crisp, approx. 3 mins.
- Chop the mushrooms into chunks and add to the pan. Cook for 2 mins.
- Crumble the cheese and add to the bacon and mushrooms.
- Add a squirt of umami paste and stir through.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread on both sides under the gril.
- Remove the toast from under the grill and top with the bacon-mushroom-cheesy-umami mixture. Stunning.
Source: The Recipe Shed
Share It To Your Friends!