- 2 cups butternut squash, julienned
- 1/2 cup chicharon / pork cracklings with meat on, cracked into pieces
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup shrimp stock
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- In a bowl, mix the egg white, fish sauce, pepper, garlic powder, and the baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the cornstarch, flour, and shrimp stock. Add this mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add the squash and mix well.
- Heat some oil in a shallow pan. Spoon about a quarter cup of the batter into the oil and top with the pork cracklings.
- Flip and fry each side until crisp.
- Serve piping hot with you choice of a vinegar dip.
Source: My Sassy Chef
Share It To Your Friends!