- 600 grams chicken thighs slices without skin
- 2 pcs chayote cut into big or medium chunks
- 1 bunch or 1 cup chili leaves or spinach or potato leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp grated garlic
- 1 medium onion slices
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 5 to 7 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a bowl,put chicken slices and add 1 tsp grated ginger,2 tsp rice wine and 1 tsp pepper.
- Mix them well and marinate for about 30 minutes.Set aside in the fridge.
- In a saucepan,heat oil and fry chicken slices until slightly brown.
- Set aside .Using the same saucepan,saute onion,garlic and ginger.
- Wait till the aroma comes out and put back the chicken.
- Add at least 5 cups of water and let it simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- The secret for a rich taste is that chicken should be fork tender.This way the broth is richer and tastier.
- Next,add fish sauce,salt and pepper.
- Add more water if needed or if you think you need more broth….we love broth with our mountain of rice so we add more water or broth..we just adjust the seasoning.
- Now you can add papaya or chayote..let it simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the veggies are cooked.
- Lastly add the green leaves such as spinach,chayote or chili leaves.
- Heat some more for about 3 to 5 minutes.Serve while its hot.
Source:KOCINA DE PINAY IN SINGAPURA
Share It To Your Friends!