- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 5 oz shiitake mushroom, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk (regular, not light)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Heat peanut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Sauté mushrooms for about 3 minutes, until they release their moisture.
- Add red pepper and sauté until tender, about another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté just until fragrant.
- Stir in soy sauce, ginger paste and red curry paste.
- Stir in chicken stock, fish sauce, coconut milk, salt and pepper, bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and cook just until shrimp are pink, even if your shrimp are frozen, it should take less than 5 minutes, do not overcook or shrimp will be rubbery.
- Stir in lime juice, green onions and basil.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Lisa's Dinner Time Dish
Share It To Your Friends!