- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut 120 grams
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or other coconut oil that is solid at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- kosher salt
- 15 toasted almonds
- 3 ounces dark chocolate broken into small pieces (I used Theo 85%)
- sea salt flakes such as Maldon (optional)
- Add flaked coconut to a medium bowl.
- To a saucepan over low heat add coconut oil, honey and a generous pinch of kosher salt; cook and stir just until coconut oil has melted. Pour mixture over flaked coconut and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Spoon coconut mixture evenly into a 15-cube silicone ice tray or shallow baking dish, pressing firmly to compress. Place 15 almonds, one in each cube or evenly across baking dish.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or glass bowl over simmering water; stir constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spoon the chocolate over each bite. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until chocolate and coconut mixture are firm. If desired, lightly sprinkle the top of each bite with flaky sea salt.
- Remove bites from trays (or cut into 15 equal pieces if you've used a baking dish), transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat them.
Source: Pinch And Swirl
Share It To Your Friends!