- 500 gms softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs,whisk until incorporated after each egg.
- Beat in sour cream. Pour into baking dish.
- Place the baking dish and add water to the tray midway up the baking dish.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake 15-20 minutes until the edges are set, but the centre is still jiggly.
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecake undisturbed for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour transfer baking dish to cooling rack and cool completely before covering.
- Cover and chill cheesecake in the refrigerator at 4 -5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Meanwhile make the caramel.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the corn syrup.
- Stir in the sugar until well incorporated and cook over a moderately high heat, undisturbed until a deep amber caramel forms.
- Turn off heat and carefully stir in butter with a long spoon. Careful, it will spit.
- To avoid splash always keep distance while adding butter.
- Add the heavy cream in a thin stream, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add salt and blend well.
- Transfer the caramel to a heatproof container and allow to cool.
- Cut the cheese cake into desired pieces ,warm the caramel before serving .
- Serve it topped with salted caramel .
Source: Kitchen Herald
Share It To Your Friends!