- 2.4 lbs. Purple Yam, boiled, peeled then grated or mashed (Boiling: wash purple yam in water, scrubbing any dirt. Put in a medium size stockpot and add ¼ cup water. Boil under medium high heat until Purple Yam is fork tender. Allow to cool prior to peeling and grating/mashing.)
- 1 can coconut milk,
- ½ cup coconut cream,
- 1 cup Maple Syrup,
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract,
- Place a large saucepan on a medium-low heat.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut cream, vanilla extract and Maple syrup. Stir until heated through but not boiling.
- Add the grated/mashed Purple Yam and stir with wooden spoon until well mixed with the coconut milk mix.
- Taste to check if you will need to add Maple Syrup according to your taste preference. Remember a warm dish usually tastes sweeter than when it cools off or when served chilled.
- When Purple Yam is very thick, remove from heat and transfer to your preferred container. I prefer putting them in a small Mason jar container before chilling it for a more convenient serving size and on-the-go snack. All you need to do is attach a spoon in the jar.
Source:PRIMAL MEET TROPICAL
Share It To Your Friends!