Ingredients for Beef Stir-Fry:
- 1 lb Top sirloin steak
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ lb mushrooms, thin sliced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- ½ Tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- Oil to Saute (one with a high smoke; extra light olive oil, avocado oil, canola,...)
- 3 Tbsp original BBQ Sauce (we used Stubbs brand)
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (we used Tamari brand - gluten free)
- Stir together 3 sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Slice steak as thin as possible against the grain. Heat a large heavy pan over high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add beef and sautee undisturbed 2-3 mins, then stir and saute another 2 min or until nearly cooked through. Season lightly with salt and pepper, add ginger and garlic and sautee 1 min.
- Drizzle beef with sauce to taste (I added 5 Tbsp at this point) and stir-fry another 1 min or until beef is fully cooked through. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm. Rinse pan or use a clean one.
- Place clean pan over high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add mushrooms, season lightly with s & p and stir fry until golden (5 min). Remove mushrooms to the plate with beef.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil along with sliced veggies and stir fry about 8 min or until soft and golden.
- Combine vegetables with beef and mushrooms, drizzle in more sauce to taste (I used another 2 Tbsp) and stir fry just until hot. Serve over steamy white rice.
Source: Natasha's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!