- Olive oil
- red pepper
- short grain rice
- chilli flakes
- mixed herbs
- king prawns
- Sautee chopped leek and onion in olive oil, add crushed garlic when it's soft.
- Add chopped red pepper, cook for a minute or so.
- Soften a pinch of saffron in a dropof warm water.
- Add a good handful of rice to the pan, turn over in the oil so that every grain is coated.
- Add saffron water, chilli flakes and herbs and a pint or so of stock, stir in.
- Simmer gently, add chopped mushrooms and a tin of chopped tomatoes. Stir now and again to stop it sticking.
- Defrost prawns in hot water, drain.
- Test the rice, season - when it's nearly done add in prawns and a big handful of spinach. Turn it over in the pan.
- The prawns will cook in about 2 minutes.
Share It To Your Friends!