- 1 1/2 lbs pork
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 cups water
- Combine soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic, cooking rice wine, and salt then mix well.
- Marinade the pork in the combined mixture for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a cooking pot then put-in the pork along with the marinade and water then let boil.
- Add brown sugar and stir to distribute evenly.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes flipping the meat after 20 minutes or so to tenderize the other side.
- Turn off the heat and remove the meat from the cooking pot.
- Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes then slice.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with the thick sauce then serve.
Source: Lutuing Bahay
Share It To Your Friends!