- 3-4 lbs pork or chicken cut into large bite size pieces
- 7 large segments of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns, coarsely crushed (I leave some whole so my kids can pick them out easier.)
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- Water, enough to just barely cover the meat when you get it in the pan with the other ingredients
- Put all ingredients, except the vinegar and pineapple, into a large pot that allows for boiling.
- Bring mixture to a boil and allow to boil until the water is half gone, stirring occasionally
- Add the vinegar and let it continue boiling without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture and continue to boil until the liquid is almost gone.
- Remove from heat and dump in pineapple chunks, cover with lid and let set for 5 minutes
- Serve with white rice
Source: Real Life Dinner
Share It To Your Friends!