- 3 large eggplant
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- salt and black pepper to season
- Under a griller, or over a gas flame or charcoal, grill the eggplants until the skin is well blackened. Remove from the heat and place into a paper bag to cool.
- Peel off the skin, chop the flesh and reserve.
- In a wok or saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, cook for 2 to 3 minutes until softened, using the back of the spoon to mash.
- Turn the heat up and add the eggplant flesh, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the beaten egg, and continue to cook while stirring until the egg is just set. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with rice and your favourite accompaniments.
Share It To Your Friends!