- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pound flank steak, sliced thinly
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce (see notes for gluten free)
- 2½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic chill sauce (Chinese food aisle)
- 3 cloves garlic; grated
- 3 teaspoon ginger; grated
- 1 teaspoon cracker black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 bell peppers; cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 white onions; cut into quarters
- Take flank steak that is half frozen and slice into thin strips against the grain. For the longer pieces cut them into half. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Slice bell peppers into ½ inch pieces. Place peppers in bowl separate from the beef. Cut onions into four quarters. Peel onions into petals and place into the bowl with peppers.
- In a small bowl, add in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic, chili sauce, ginger, and pepper. Whisk together.
- In a hot saute pan or wok, add in one tablespoon olive oil. Place in half the peppers and onions. Saute until lightly browned on the outside and the peppers become a bit tender. Cook the vegetables in groups and place in a large bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of oil and then add a third of the meat. Saute just until cooked, about two minutes then place aside. Cook all meat in portions until just cooked. Be careful not to over cook the meat or it becomes tough.
- Turn the pan down to low. Add in sauce and beef. Cook for about two minutes. Remove and toss with peppers and onions. Serve over cooked white rice.
Source: Mooshu Jenne
Share It To Your Friends!