- 2 kg MONTEREY BEEF TOP ROUND, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- dash pepper
- MAGNOLIA NUTRI-OIL for pan-frying
- 1/4 kg MONTEREY PORK FAT, sliced into strips
- 1/4 kg MONTEREY BEEF LIVER, sliced into strips
- 4 pc PUREFOODS DELI GERMAN FRANKS, sliced into strips
- 4 pc MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS, hard-boiled
- 1 (110 g) bottle sweet whole pickles, sliced into strips
- 1 (200 g) pack MAGNOLIA CHEDDAR CHEESE, sliced into strips
- 4 pc PUREFOODS CHORIZO BILBAO-STYLE, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp crushed and chopped garlic
- 1 cup minced white onions
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pc bay leaf, torn
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp capers, washed and chopped
- 10 pc green olives, pitted and washed
- Marinate beef for 2 hours in a mixture of garlic, calamansi juice, soy sauce and pepper. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Assembly: Lay out marinated beef and arrange slices of pork fat, beef liver, franks, sliced eggs, pickles, cheese and chorizo on the middle part of the beef. Roll like a log and secure by tying with a kitchen twine around the roll.
- In a large pan, add oil and pan-fry the morcon roll until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan with oil, sauté the garlic and onions. Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add bay leaf and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Add back the morcon and simmer until morcon is fully cooked and tender, about 2-3 hours.
Source: My Great Food
Share It To Your Friends!