- 900g beef mince (try to use mince with a decent fat ratio - anything from 15-30%, otherwise add a little chopped bacon fat or suet).
- 1 x red onion, very finely chopped
- ½ x red pepper, finely chopped
- 2-3 x garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x egg, lightly beaten
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and with dampened hands, form rough burgers. The will need to be about 1.5 to 2cm thick. Place on a lightly greased baking tray and cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Heat a griddle pan on the highest heat. It is ready when you cannot count beyond 10 seconds, with your hand about the heat!
- Cook your burgers to your liking, about 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare). Try not to flip them too much as they will dry out and crumble.
Source: Marmaduke Scarlet
Share It To Your Friends!