- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 4 oil Packed anchovy fillets (optional)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tbls cider vinegar
- 1 tbls soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Fresh chives, for garnish
- Set an oven rack at least 4″ from the heat source and heat the broiler.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, panko, anchovies, scallions, egg, salt, garlic, ginger, pepper, and allspice and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into 1 1/4″ balls. At this point you can cover and refrigerate them overnight before cooking.
- Arrange meatballs an inch apart on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until meatballs are golden all over and cooked through; 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, vinegar, soy sauce and red chili flakes and bring to a simmer.
- When meatballs are cooked through, brush them with the marmalade glaze and return them to the broiler. Broil until glaze is bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with the chives scattered on top if desired.
Source: Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!