- 2 cups (4 sticks, 1 pound, 454 grams) salted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup eggwhites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange flavouring
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (325F). Line baking trays with baking paper or silicone mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at high speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Lower mixer speed to medium then add eggwhites gradually followed by the vanilla and orange flavourings.
- Slowly mix in the flour. Beat until everything is well combined and batter is smooth.
- Fit a piping bag with a plain round or star tip (#12 or #21). Spoon cookie batter into the piping bag.
- Pipe out thin strips of batter onto lined baking trays, about 3 inches long and 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cookie edges start to brown.
- Loosen cookies from the trays while still warm. When completely cool, pack them in airtight containers.
Source: Heart Of Mary
Share It To Your Friends!