Korean BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, squeezed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan combine the coconut sugar, tamari, water, rice wine vinegar, sriracha, sesame oil, black pepper, ginger and garlic. Heat on high and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the tapioca starch and water until smooth.
- Once the sauce is at a boil, add in the starch mixture and whisk until thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Store in an airtight container for two to three weeks.
- Slice the tofu in slabs, about 1/2 ” thick.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Add a spoonful of your favourite cooking oil (I used coconut oil).
- Add the tofu in a single layer and fry until golden, flip over and fry the other side.
- Pour on the Korean BBQ sauce – however much you like. I like lots….!
- Leave on the heat for a minute or two until the sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Serve over rice with a sprinkle of green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Source: Koko's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!