- Ox tail
- Ox leg(optional but better if you have it)
- Ox tripe/offal
- 2 pcs of eggplant - sliced it in slant
- 1 banana bud/heart/flower - sliced in diagonal
- 5 pieces of pechay
- 1 bundle of string beans
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 5 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 big onion - sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Wash the ox tail, legs and beef. Cut into serving pieces. Place in a heavy saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, remove the scums as it rises, cover, add more water if you need to. Kare kare is better if the meat is tender. Let simmer until the meat is tender this will take about 1-2 hours.
- Transfer the meat into a plate or a bowl and let it cool, set aside the stock. (While others cooked the meat one day ahead, put it into the fridge to solidify the fat and remove it when cooking.)
- In a large caserrole put the cooking oil to saute the garlic and onion in about 30 seconds.
- Put the meat in the skillet and continue mixing.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir the peanut butter with about 1/2 cup of stock and pour it in the caserrole. Stir to blend well. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Serve hot with bagoong alamang and boil rice.
Source: Mga Pagkaing Filipino
Share It To Your Friends!