- 1 kg chuck or gravy beef, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup cooking wine
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 100 g liver spread (pate)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper, to season
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy based saucepan. Fry the beef in two batches for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and chilli flakes then cook until slightly browned.
- Pour in the cooking wine and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the liver spread, canned tomatoes and bay leaves, stir well to combine.
- Return the browned beef to the pan and cover with the water. Bring to the boil, then cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent the stew sticking. You want to beef to be tender.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for about 10 minutes.
Source: It's More Yum In The Philippines
Share It To Your Friends!