For the Chicken:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced (or about 1 heaping tbsp pre-minced garlic)
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns (about 10)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Amino Soy Sauce Alternative
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pound boneless, skinless, chicken thighs - sliced into strips or filets
To Thicken the Sauce (see instruction variations below)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or other thickener plus 2 Tbsp cold water
- 3 fresh green onions, sliced diagonally
- Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Saute and high heat. Add the olive oil. Then add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and water. Then add the chicken slices. Secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook at high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, use a quick release. Remove the chicken and set aside which the sauce thickens.
- Thicken the sauce in one of two ways:
- Select Saute and boil the sauce down until it thickens OR
- Add some cornstarch mixed with water. The cornstarch method is not traditional but is a quick way to thicken the sauce.
Source: Kitchen Dreaming
Share It To Your Friends!