- 5 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp red chile pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ lb flank steak or top sirloin steak
- 2 Tbs oil, divided
- 2-3 hot chiles, preferably red serranos, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½” piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchstick shapes
- 1 bunch (about 5-6) green onions, cut diagonally into 1” pieces
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- Mix together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Thinly slice the steak (partially freezing the steak will make this easier) and place slices in a Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over the sliced steak. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. This can also be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Remove beef from fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place 1 Tbs oil in a wok or large skillet and heat over high heat until very hot. Place a small amount of the beef (about ½ cup at a time) in the hot pan. Sauté beef slices over high heat until juices in pan almost completely evaporate. Transfer cooked beef to serving bowl. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs oil to the pan and sauté the sliced chiles, minced garlic and ginger matchsticks for 1 minute. Add the beef back to the pan with the sliced green onions. Stir in the sesame oil and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately over steamed rice.
Source: No Empty Chairs
Share It To Your Friends!