- 1kg Tilapia
- cooking oil for frying
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- string beans, cut
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk powder diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Thaw the Tilapia, wash and drain excess water. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Heat oil and fry the eggplants until lightly browned. Do not overcook. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In the same pan, fry the fish to a crisp. Transfer into another plate lined with paper towel.
- Use a slightly bigger pan for the rest of the cooking. Heat about 2tbs of the used oil then add the garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until soft and fragrant then add the onions. Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the string beans. Saute for another 3 minutes then add the diluted coconut milk.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar, do not stir.
- Return the fish and eggplants into the pan. Keep for about 2-3 minutes then check and adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
Source:My Expat Mommy
Share It To Your Friends!