- 2 banana blossoms (i just used
- 1 the ones in the can,10 oz
- 1 drained)
- 1 c pure coconut milk
- 2 T vinegar (if using 5% acidity
- 1 vinegar,try 1:1
- 1 vinegar/water)
- 1/4 c tomatoes,Sliced
- 1/4 c onion,Sliced
- 2 cloves garlic,crushed
- 1 T veg oil
- 2 red chilli,Dried
- 1 salt and pepper,To Taste
- If using fresh pusong saging (banana blossoms): remove the tough covering of the blossoms. Slice thin crosswise. Add 2 tbsp salt and squeeze off bitter juice.
- Rinse in water and squeeze dry. Set aside.
- If using canned pusong saging: drain, rinse then drain again. Slice thin crosswise. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet, if using dried red chilli, add them when the oil is hot but not smoking and let the skins darken somewhat before you add the garlic.
- Saute garlic until light brown. Add onion, fry till translucent, then add tomatoes.
- Cook for around 3 minutes. Add banana blossoms and vinegar/water mixture and then bring to boilwithout stirring.
- Simmer for around 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir. Continue to cook until banana blossom is tender.
- Add pure coconut cream and remove from heat. Let stand for a few minutes to help develop the flavors.
Source:Pinoy Recipes Online
Share It To Your Friends!