- 650g pork belly, cut into chunks
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 65g bean curd sticks, cut into 2cm length
- 200g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 30g soy bean paste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp lesser galangale or 'sand ginger' powder (沙薑粉)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2.5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 10g grated "gula melaka" (or brown sugar)
- 90g shallots
- 30g garlic
- 4g coriander powder
- Marinate pork belly with marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute the blended paste until aromatic, then add in soy bean paste and stir to combine.
- Add in marinated pork and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until meat turn slightly opaque. Pour in the marinade and add enough water to cover the meat, eggs and bean curd sticks. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer for 1.5 hour.
- Add in tofu and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Source: Minty's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!