- 4 chicken legs and thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup sweet wine (optional)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium sized yellow potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut in thin slices
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup raisins
- White fluffy rice or pasta
- Parsley sprigs
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sear the chicken pieces until golden, turning once. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Add the remaining oil to the saucepan and when hot, add the onion and garlic. Cook at medium-high heat, stirring every few minutes, until soft, about 7 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Put the chicken back in the saucepan, add the wine, bring to a boil, and add the chicken stock and the bay leaf. Cover, lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, green peas, and raisins. Continue cooking for 15 - 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve with rice, or as a pasta sauce, and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Source: Peru Delights
Share It To Your Friends!