- 1 large fish (lapu-lapu, talakitok or apahap), cleaned
- 1 medium-sized green papaya, grated (juice squeezed out, flesh washed in salt-and-water mixture)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in water (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger strips
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- oil for frying and sauteing
- After cleanging the fish, rub salt all over it and under the gills. Leave for 1/2 hour, then fry. Drain and put in serving dish. Set aside but keep warm.
- Make sauce by combining salt, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan. Let boil, stirring occassionally. Thicken with cornstarch, if desired. Set aside.
- In a pan, saute garlic, ginger strips and onion. Add bell pepper and grated papaya. Saute until half-cooked.
- While fish is still warm, top with sauteed papaya and spices. Pour vinegar sauce on fish before serving.
Source: Made In Cebu
Share It To Your Friends!