- 2 lbs beef braising steaks [See Note 1]
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 cups beef broth
- Season steaks with seasoned salt and coat with flour.
- Preheat stockpot on medium-high. Place oil in pot; add steaks and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Add onions and Italian seasoning; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until onions soften.
- Reduce heat to low; add tomato puree and beef broth.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours or until steaks are tender. [See Note 2]
- Serve over mashed potatoes, steamed rice, or buttered noodles.
- Braising Steaks: Look for beef round, eye round, sirloin tip, shoulder steaks, top round, bottom round, or chuck steaks. If you cannot find these steaks cuts, ask your local butcher for suggestions. They are a great resource!
- Bake: brown steaks and transfer into a large baking dish. Cover with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours at 350 degrees F.
- Slow Cook: After browning the steaks as directed, place steaks into the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients on top of the steaks. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on LOW or until tender.
Source: Kitchen Dreaming
Share It To Your Friends!