- 1 L water
- 1/2 cup iodized fine salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 350 grams MONTEREY PORK BELLY
- iodized fine salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups MAGNOLIA NUTRI-OIL PALM OLEIN, for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 1/3 cup seeded and sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lime soda
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup green mango strips
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, toasted
- cilantro for garnish
- Boil water in a pot. Add salt and pepper. Cook belly for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Season cooked belly with salt and pepper.
- Deep-fry belly in hot oil until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, put 1/2 cup of the oil used in deep-frying. Add shrimp paste, tomatoes, lime soda and 1/2 cup of liquid used in cooking pork. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and sauté for 3 minutes. Transfer in a plate and top with pork belly. Garnish with mangoes, peanuts and cilantro. Serve.
Source:My Great Food
Share It To Your Friends!