- 1 pork's front leg (pata)
- 1 bottle soda 7 up or sprite
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vetsin
- 2 tablespoon patis
- 2 tablespoon flour
- Clean pata and slit skin (3-4 slits on both sides) without cutting bone.
- Place in a deep pan with a tight cover. Add water, soda and salt. Bring to a boil.
- After 15 minutes, add baking soda. It will hasten the softening of the pata's skin. Continue cooking.
- If water dries up and pata is not yet done, add another cup of water.
- Meat should not be too tender. Drain when done. Place in refrigerator overnight to make skin dry.
- Before frying, brush with patis and sprinkle with flour generously. Deep fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Put off the heat and pour 1/4 cup water. This will make the skin more crispy.
- Serve with this sauce: Vinegar with 2 cloves garlic (crushed), a little salt, pepper and 1 small hot pepper (siling labuyo).
Source: Pinoy Kamayan
Share It To Your Friends!