- 1 pata (front or hind leg of a pig including the knuckles) cleaned by removing hairs by scraping.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 bottle of Sprite
- 1 sachet of Magic Sarap or Ginisa Mix
- 5 tbsp of salt
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 tablespoon vetsin
- 4 cups of oil for deep-frying
- 1 head onion – diced
- Any hot pepper – sliced
- 1/4 cup tuba vinegar or just plain vinegar
- In a large casserole, combine water, salt, vetsin, garlic, Magic Sarap or Ginisa Mix and Sprite.
- Add the pork knuckles
- Cover and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 1.5 hours until the pork is tender but not too tender.
- Drain pata when done. Let the juice settle. Dry with paper towel and spread patis using spoon into the pata when it is dry.
- Cover it with a thin foil and set aside in the freezer for 5 hours or when it's already hard.
- Heat the oil
- Deep-fry pork (get ready with the cover, the oil will splatter) until golden brown and crispy (blisters appear or the oil will be less splattering ).
- Drain excess oil. Dry with paper towels.
- Combine all sauce ingredients
- Serve with the sauce.
Source: Made In Cebu
Share It To Your Friends!