- 600 g (21 oz) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 Cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 x 400 mL (13.5 oz) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
- Cut the chicken into bite sized chunks. Toss through the oil, salt, and pepper. Cook over a high heat for a couple of minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat, add a dash of oil, and cook the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes before adding the garlic and chili. Cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the curry powder and turmeric to the pan. Add chicken stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for another couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to sit for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve with rice and garnished with the coriander
Source: Pic Nic
Share It To Your Friends!