- 2 tbsp sunflower, vegetable or groundnut oil
- 1 kg chicken wings, each split into two
- Golf ball-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 6-7 small dried red chillies
- 4 tbsp Crushed Black Bean Sauce
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- Heat the wok until smoking hot then add the oil followed by the chicken wings. Stir-fry for 5 mins until the wings are golden brown all over.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chillies and stir for 1 min.
- Add the black bean sauce and stir until all the wings are coated.
- Add the sugar and the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the wings for around 40-45 mins until the meat is very tender and virtually falling off the bone.
- Remove the lid and increase the heat to reduce the sauce to your favourite consistency. I prefer mine to be sticky and clingy.
- Serve with egg fried rice.
Source: The Recipe Shed
Share It To Your Friends!