- 2-1/2 to 3-pound chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup dried Chinese mushrooms (soak in 2 cups water, drain and add liquid to chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup leeks, cut julienne-style and then in half
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut julienne-style and then in half
- 1/2 pound sotanghon noodles, also known as vermicelli (bean threads), soaked in water and, when soft, cut into 6-inch lengths
- patis or salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup celery, cut julienne-style and then in half
- 1/2 cup anatto water
- Boil chicken, bay leaves, peppercorns and 1 cup onion in a stockpot. Set aside and let cool. Strain broth through a sieve. Set aside.
- Remove all flesh from the boiled chicken. Discard the skin and cut chicken meat into thin strips.
- In a wok or frying pan, saute garlic and 1/2 cup onion in oil until transparent. Stir in chicken. Add anatto water and 3 cups chicken broth and bring to boil over high heat. Stir in carrots, leeks and celery. Add sotanghon noodles. Add patis or salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Kain Tayo
Share It To Your Friends!