To marinate :
- Chicken : 1 kg
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
- Chilly powder : 2 tspn
- Vinegar : 2 tspn
- Onion (chopped) : 2 big
- Tomato (chopped) : 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste : 2 tblspn
- Coriander powder : 2 tblspn
- Garam masala powdr : 2.5 tspn
- Kashmiri chilly powder : 2 tblspn
- Thick coconut milk : 1 cup
- Cinnamon : 1 stick
- Clove : 4
- Carsamom : 2
- Star anise : 1
- Fennel : 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces.Marinate it with all the ingredients listed under "to marinate".Keep aside for minimum 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan with oil and add all spices listed under "to temper".
- Now add chopped onion and curry leaves.Saute it well
- Now add chopped tomato and saute it till it become soft.
- Add ginger garlic past.saute it until it leaves the raw smell.
- Now add coriander powder,chilly powder and garam masala powder.Mix it well.
- Add marinate chicken pieces and mix it gently with all other masala ingredients.
- Now close the pan and cook it in low flame.
- Remember don't add water.Chicken tends to ooze out water.
- After 10 minute open the pan and you can see the oozed out water and oil.(check the second pics)
- Now keep the pan open and fry the chicken pieces .(around 5 minutes )
- Now add coconut milk and mix it well.
- Again cook the chicken in coconut milk.Keep the stove in simmer mode.
- Once it reaches the right consisitency,ie whole coconut milk get dried, switch off the flame.
- Add few curryleaves too.Yummy chicken roast is ready to serve
Source: Remmy's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!