- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves large garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Heat large non stick or cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Rub chicken with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in dry pan (see searing instructions above).
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to hot pan and toss in mushrooms.
- Brown for several minutes. (do not salt, it will keep mushrooms from browning).
- Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over seared chicken
Source: Laughing Spatula
Share It To Your Friends!