- 2 red chilis, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 large shallots, or an onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce*
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 100 g egg noodles
- 100 g vermicelli
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemon grass (I use 1 Tbsp of lemon grass paste)
- 400 g chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 400 mL light coconut milk
- 100 g shrimp
- lime juice
- bean sprouts, fresh coriander
- Cook the noodles following the directions on the packet and set aside.
- Make the paste by combining all the paste ingredients in a mortar and pestle (or food processor) and crushing into a paste-like consistency.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the curry paste and fry for a couple of minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon grass,, chicken, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and adjust the taste to suit your preference.
- Divide the noodle among four bowls and ladle the laksa over the noodles. Garnish with bean sprouts and coriander before serving.
Source: Pic Nic
Share It To Your Friends!